Saturday, December 1, 2007

Musings: Rainbows, a Piglet and Lingle

Went swimming yesterday afternoon, jonesing for a salty fix after two days without, and the ocean was clear and green and cool. A vibrant half rainbow, first shining south to north, then reversing, north to south, was good company the entire time.

On the way there, a piglet crossed the road, cute as a button and about the size and coloring of a large, tortoise-shell cat. It scampered in front of my car, with that distinctive sideways piggy gait, and disappeared into the brush.

Speaking of animals, Gov Linda Lingle will make her first public appearance on Kauai since the Sept. 20 boo-fest when she addresses the Humane Society luncheon on Dec. 12.

I can only wonder why she was invited, since I’ve never known her to be a particular friend of animals, especially whales, but then, why is often a question that comes to mind when I ponder the actions of the Humane Society.

That’s it for today. as I still need to eat breakfast before an interview this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but I liked your piece on my barber in Kauai People. Isn't that place visually fascinating? I like that in August the Christmas decorations are in a pile of stuff on one wall.

Joan Conrow said...

Gee, wish I could take credit for that piece, but I can't, because I didn't write it. For some reason, they used the wrong by-line. I think Jon Letman wrote it.